Today we are going to know about a US based financial professional course CFA ( Chartered Financial Analyst). CFA can be completed staying in Dhaka, Bangladesh. CFA takes two to three years for business graduates costing BDT 2.5 lac to 4 lac. A CFA charter holder can get the highest jobs in Share market, Banks, Insurance, Leasing and other finance institutes in Bangladesh. He or she can be a consultant as well in Dhaka. Above all it is a US based qualification.
Being a CFA, you can do any financial jobs in Bangladesh or start private consultation in respect of share bazaar in Dhaka & Chittagong.
Let’s see more.
(This page has been last updated on July 30,2016)
What is meant by CFA?
The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Program is a professional course based on finance. It is offered by CFA Institute, USA
How many students have Qualified CFA from Bangladesh?
As of 17-Sep-2015, there are 52 CFA charter holders in Bangladesh. All of whom are well recognized in the financial industry of the country. CFA Salary in Bangladesh is higer than CA students.
How often is the CFA exam offered in Bangladesh?
CFA Exam is held twice a year (June and December) but in Dhaka, Bangladesh, only JUNE sitting is held.
In Dhaka coaching classes can be taken for extra charges to the instructor.
How many questions are on the CFA Level 1 exam?
In Level One: you have to take two examinations – First exam (for 3 hours) for 120 Multiple Choice Questions on ten topics and Second exam (for 3 hours) for 120 Multiple Choice Questions on ten topics.
How many questions are on the CFA Level 2 exam?
In Level Two: you have to take two examinations – First exam (for 3 hours) for 120 Multiple Choice Questions on ten topics, and Second exam (for 3 hours) for Case Study typed 10 Multiple Choice Questions on ten topics.
How many questions are on the CFA Level 3 exam?
In Level Three: you have to take two examinations – First exam (for 3 hours) for Case Study typed 10 Multiple Choice Questions on ten topics, and Second exam (for 3 hours) for another in-depth Case Study typed 10 Multiple Choice Questions on ten topics.
What is the cost involved in CFA exam from Dhaka?
Registration fee is $450 (life-time payment)
There are three levels in the CFA qualification. Total cost may amount to $1800 -$2,000.
The entire course centers round ten topics of studies.
What are Weight ages in each topics?
CFA Exam Topic Area Weights
|Topic Area||Level I||Level II||Level III|
|Ethical and Professional Standards||15||10-15||10-15|
|Financial Reporting and Analysis||20||15-20||0|
|Portfolio Management and Wealth Planning||7||5-10||40-55|
What are Ten Topics in CFA?
Details of Ten topics are as follow:
I. Ethical and Professional Standards
- Professional Standards of Practice
- Ethical Practices
II. Quantitative Methods
- Time Value of Money
- Probability Distributions and Descriptive Statistics
- Sampling and Estimation
- Hypothesis Testing
- Correlation Analysis and Regression
- Time-Series Analysis
- Simulation Analysis
- Technical Analysis
- Market Forces of Supply and Demand
- The Firm and Industry Organization
- Measuring National Income and Growth
- Business Cycles
- The Monetary System
- International Trade and Capital Flows
- Currency Exchange Rates
- Monetary and Fiscal Policy
- Economic Growth and Development
- Effects of Government Regulation
- Impact of Economic Factors on Investment Markets
IV. Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Financial Reporting System (with an emphasis on IFRS)
- Analysis of Principal Financial Statements
- Financial Reporting Quality
- Analysis of Inventories and Long-Lived Assets
- Analysis of Taxes
- Analysis of Debt
- Analysis of Off-Balance-Sheet Assets and Liabilities
- Analysis of Pensions, Stock Compensation, and Other Employee Benefits
- Analysis of Inter-Corporate Investments
- Analysis of Business Combinations
- Analysis of Global Operations
- Ratio and Financial Analysis
V. Corporate Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Dividend Policy
- Capital Investment Decisions
- Business and Financial Risk
- Capital Structure Decisions
- Working Capital Management
- Mergers and Acquisitions and Corporate Restructuring
VI. Equity Investments
- Types of Equity Securities and Their Characteristics
- Equity Markets: Characteristics and Institutions
- Equity Portfolio Benchmarks
- Valuation of Individual Equity Securities
- Fundamental Analysis (Sector, Industry, Company)
- Equity Market Valuation and Return Analysis
- Closely Held Companies and Inactively Traded Securities
- Equity Portfolio Management Strategies
VII. Fixed Income
- Types of Fixed-Income Securities and Their Characteristics
- Fixed-Income Markets: Characteristics & Institutions
- Fixed Income Portfolio Benchmarks
- Fixed-Income Valuation (Sector, Industry, Company) and Return Analysis
- Term Structure Determination and Yield Spreads
- Analysis of Interest Rate Risk
- Analysis of Credit Risk
- Valuing Bonds with Embedded Options
- Structured Products
- Fixed-Income Portfolio Management Strategies
- Types of Derivative Instruments and Their Characteristics
- Forward Markets and Valuation of Forward Contracts
- Futures Markets and Valuation of Futures Contracts
- Options Markets and Valuation of Option Contracts
- Swaps Markets and Valuation of Swap Contracts
- Credit Derivatives Markets and Instruments
- Uses of Derivatives in Portfolio Management
IX. Alternative Investments
- Types of Alternative Investments and Their Characteristics
- Real Estate Valuation
- Private Equity/Venture Capital Valuation
- Hedge Fund Strategies
- Distressed Securities/Bankruptcies
- Commodities and Managed Futures
- Alternative Investment Management Strategies
X. Portfolio Management and Wealth Planning
- The Investment Policy Statement
- Modern Portfolio Management Concepts
- Behavioral Finance
- Management of Individual/Family Investor Portfolios
- Management of Institutional Investor Portfolios
- Investment Manager Selection
- Economic Analysis and Setting Capital Market Expectations
- Tax Efficiency Strategies
- Asset Allocation
- Portfolio Construction and Revision
- Risk Management
- Execution of Portfolio Decisions (Trading)
- Performance Evaluation
- Presentation of Performance Results
NOTE: IN BANGLADESH MOST STUDENTS PASS CFA EXAM WITHOUT PRIVATE TUITION.
However; for getting admission into CFA Private Tuition in Dhaka, you can email me (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Note that classes will be held in Dhaka every Fri+Sat for two hours each.
Coaching Admission fee: BDT 5,000 and monthly BDT 6,000 (6-9 months)
BONUS VIDEO: Which is the best fiance or marketing ?
If you have more information regarding “How to Become a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)”, please share in the below comment box, contact us here.